This snappy little oatmeal cookie loaded with coconut and pecans is from Southern Living magazine. I make them with a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop for uniformity and end up with perfectly crispy/chewy cookies that bake evenly from the center to the edge.
- Beat shortening at medium speed with electric mixer until fluffy; add sugars, beating well.
- Add eggs, beating until blended.
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture, beating until blended.
- Stir in coconut, cereal, vanilla, and pecans.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets.
- Bake in batches at 350°F for 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.