1/1 Photo of Classic Sugar Cookies
3 hrs 8 mins
Boyz 5's Note:
This recipe has been around for years and I'm not sure where it came from.All I know is that they are good!!! Prep time includes chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream sugar and butter with a mixer until fluffy; add egg and flavorings.
- 2Mix well.
- 3Combine dry ingredients together and stir into creamed mixture.
- 4Cover and chill for 2 to 3 hours.
- 5Divide dough in half.
- 6Roll out on surface lightly dusted with confectioner's sugar.
- 7Cut with cookie cutters and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 8Decorate with sprinkles if desired.
- 9Bake at 375 degrees for 7 to 8 minutes, until cookies begin turning a light brown at the edges.
- 10Cool, then decorate with egg yolk paint or as you wish.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.0
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 58.3 mg
- Sodium 220.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 3.3 g