This recipe has been around for years and I'm not sure where it came from.All I know is that they are good!!! Prep time includes chill time.
- Cream sugar and butter with a mixer until fluffy; add egg and flavorings.
- Mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients together and stir into creamed mixture.
- Cover and chill for 2 to 3 hours.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll out on surface lightly dusted with confectioner's sugar.
- Cut with cookie cutters and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Decorate with sprinkles if desired.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 7 to 8 minutes, until cookies begin turning a light brown at the edges.
- Cool, then decorate with egg yolk paint or as you wish.