Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed (cold)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- heavy cream
- granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees; line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Cut butter into flour mixture using a pastry blender until butter is the size of peas. Stir cream and yogurt together in a second bowl, add to the flour mixture, and blend with a fork just until doough comes together. Pat out dough on a lightly floured surface into a circle about 1" thick. Using a 2 1/2" round cutter, cut out as many shortcakes as possible and place on prepared baking sheet. Gently press scraps into a 1"-thick circle and cut remaining biscuits.
- Brush with cream and sprinkle with sugar. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
These shortcakes are very good. Not too heavy with enough sweetness. Some I used for Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Shortcake, and some we just ate alone. I didn't change a thing and they came out perfect. Made and reviewed for PRMR, sorry it took soooo long. Thanks! :)
Oh WOW!!!! These are exactly what I was looking for! This reminds me of my Grandma's recipe! I'm thrilled! I will be using this wonderful recipe from now on! Thank you diner! Made for PRMR
They are really good even without the sugar on top.