This is a mildly sweet, soft scone that is great for breakfast. NOTE: I tried posting this note way earlier and then I read the review.. the humidity outside greatly affects the moisture of the dough! I've made this on hot rainy days and I end up having to add up to a cup of extra flour. So keep in mind the flour you add may vary greatly, add as needed.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt into a bowl.
- Mix the butter in with your hands, squeezing it between your fingers. The mixture will be crumbly with some chunks of butter.
- In a separate bowl, mix the milk, egg, and vanilla together. Then pour it into the butter mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- Put a piece of parchment paper on the cookie sheet. Put the ball of dough in the center, flattening it into a disk approximately 8-9 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch deep. (It may help to put some flour on the cookie sheet to keep it from sticking).
- Cut the disk into 8 slices. Separate the pieces on the cookie sheet because they will expand and run into each other.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes.