1/1 Photo of Cinnamon Rolls
2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 30 mins
These are wonderful to take for an early morning treat. The topping can be doubled for those who REALLY love the caramel pecan mixture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup butter (melted)
- 4 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 4 cups pecan pieces
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast (regular or rapid-rise)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 cups milk, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
- 5 -6 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1Prepare pans: Use non-stick spray to coat the sides of 2 13x9" baking pans.
- 2Combine brown sugar, melted butter and corn syrup.
- 3Spread in bottom of pans.
- 4Sprinkle each pan with half the nuts.
- 5Prepare filling: Combine the 1/2 cup sugar and the cinnamon; blend well; set aside.
- 6Prepare dough: Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- 7Stir in milk, 1/3 cup sugar, oil, baking powder, salt, egg and 2-3 cups flour.
- 8Beat until smooth.
- 9Mix in enough remaining flour to make dough easy to handle.
- 10Turn dough onto well-floured board; knead until smooth and elastic, 8-10 minutes.
- 11Place in greased bowl; turn greased side up.
- 12Cover; let rise in warm place until double.
- 13Divide dough in half.
- 14Roll one half into rectangle 12 by 10-inch.
- 15Spread with 2 tablespoons soft butter.
- 16Sprinkle with half the filling mixture.
- 17Roll dough, beginning at the long edge.
- 18Pinch the edge of the dough to seal the roll.
- 19Cut into 16 slices.
- 20Place in pan allowing a small space between slices.
- 21Repeat with the other half of the dough.
- 22Cover the pans (the new non-stick foil is perfect).
- 23Refrigerate at least 12 but not more than 48 hours.
- 24(If you want, you can let them rise until doubled, and bake immediately, following directions below.) Heat the oven to 350º.
- 25Remove foil from pans.
- 26Bake until golden, about 30-35 minutes.
- 27Immediately flip the pans over onto a foil-covered surface (non-stick foil recommended here, too).
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (2819 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.9
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 27.8 mg
- Sodium 247.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 19.7 g
- Protein 4.2 g