From a Penzey's free recipe card...
Make and share this Cinnamon Quick Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and sugar an 8" round pan or a 8" or 9" square pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar together using a mixer until light and fluffy. Add the egg and mix well.
- In a small bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
- Add the flour mixture and the milk to the butter mixture, alternating them. Mix well.
- Combine all the streusel topping ingredients in a small bowl and stir until blended. By hand, stir half of the streusel topping into the batter.
- Spread the batter into the pan, smooth the top of the dough and sprinkle on the remaining streusel topping. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Usually I make a recipe exactly as written, at least the first time. Today I was extremely distracted by a needy 4 year old and ended up putting in extra butter and extra flour. I substitured walnuts for pecans because someone ate all the pecans and didn't put them on the shopping list. (Who, me?) I also doubled the streusel because you can never have too much of a good thing.
That being said, with all my goofs, this STILL came out excellent! This will be my go-to recipe for Sunday coffee cake from now on. Thanks for sharing!
Really great cake! Took a chance - made this Christmas morning on a whim - wow - beautiful - even at 6000 ft and no recipe alteration!!! Fabulous!!! This will definitely be a regular recipe in our home!
This cake is wonderful! The cinnamon scent and flavor is spot on perfect. I loved the addition of the pecans and only skipped on the raisins in the topping as it is something we just don't love. I used a 9x9" pan and it took 42 minutes to bake through. The cake was moist and the ribbons of cinnamon throughout made it so enjoyable with the morning coffee (and my afternoon coffee as a mid-day treat). So glad I found this during ZWT7.