1/2 Photos of Cinnamon Picnic Cake
Fairy Nuff's Note:
A perfect cake for picnics, this cuts well and may also be served warm with whipped cream. An Australian recipe posted for Zaar World Tour 2005
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- 2Mix 1/4 cup sugar with the nuts and cinnamon and set aside.
- 3Cream the butter with the remaining sugar until light and fluffy.
- 4Add the eggs, vanilla and lemon juice. Beat well.
- 5Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- 6Add 1/4 of the flour mix and 1/4 of the sour cream to the butter mix, beating lightly. Continue adding in 1/4's until all ingredients are combined.
- 7Grease a 23cm square cake tin and line with paper. Pour batter into pan, sprinkle with the reserved cinnamon mixture.
- 8Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- 9Let sit in pan for 10-15 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Picnic Cake
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.2
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 65.9 mg
- Sodium 236.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 4.9 g