1/3 Photos of Cinnamon Hazelnut Layered Coffee Cake
Baby Kato's Note:
Yumm, whats not to like...An old family favorite. My mil's tasty coffee cake made with cinnamon and hazelnuts. This is a great snack when coming in from the cold. Perfect when served warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs, jumbo
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Greased and flour a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan, set aside.
- 3Next make the topping, by melting the butter and adding the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and hazelnuts together.
- 4Make sure to mix well, set aside until needed.
- 5You will use this topping to sprinkle between the batter layers, don't forget to save some for the top.
- 6Next cream the butter and sugar together, add the eggs and beat well.
- 7Mix milk and vanilla extract together.
- 8Sift the dry ingredients together, then add alternately with the milk and vanilla mixture.
- 9Pour half the batter into a greased and floured 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- 10Sprinkle half the topping mixture over the batter.
- 11Add the remaining batter and top with the remaining topping mix.
- 12Bake in 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 13Enjoy with a big pot of hot tea.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Hazelnut Layered Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1425.6
- Calories from Fat 515
- Total Fat 57.2 g
- Saturated Fat 32.2 g
- Cholesterol 225.6 mg
- Sodium 1150.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 214.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 129.2 g
- Protein 18.0 g