Unlike the others! A cream cheese icing... YUM! Omit the walnuts if you want. I have not made this yet; please rate and review. :) From the back of a graham cracker box.
- 32 cinnamon graham crackers, crumbled
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 9x13 inch glass baking dish. Mix graham cracker crumbs with flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- Cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add yolks, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternatively with milk.
- Stir in nuts, if using.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Cool completely.
- To make icing: Cream together the softened cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and mix well. Add vanilla then spread evenly over cooled cake.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.