I have not made these yet but they are on my list of items to try for my cookie trays this Christmas. It has two of my favorite things - coffee & cinnamon! :) Cooking time is per batch of cookies in oven.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I may use a tad more )
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- powdered sugar, for coating the cookie
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Stir the eggs and instant coffee in a small bowl until well blended; set aside.
- Mix the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl, set aside.
- Beat the butter, shortening, granulated sugar and egg mixture in a large bowl with an electric mixer set on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the flour mixture.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls.
- Roll the balls in the powdered sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set.
- Remove the cookies from the baking sheets.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- Store in a tightly covered container.