2 hrs 30 mins
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
This is a great birthday cake, that's simple dimple to make, from televisions cooking show host of Ciao Italia, Mary Ann Esposito! She is the longest running cooking show host in history. She is a wonderful person, and I had the great privilege of meeting her many years ago, as she lives next to the town I used to live in, and she was guest speaker at a womens luncheon that I attended. Her husband, Guy Esposite is a well known doctor in Dover NH. NOTE: Cooking time is freezing time, and I would freeze it for at least 2 hours. NOTE: Please see my recipe for Chocolate Wafer Cookies (Like Nabisco Chocolate Wafer Cookies), if you have a hard time finding the Nabisco Chocolate Wafer Cookies at your local grocery store. (Sometimes they are found in odd places like near the ice cream toppings and cones etc.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line a 9X3" pan with aluminum foil, with an overhang of 2".
- 2Line the bottom of the pan with a layer of the cookies, breaking a few to fit into the edges, if necessary.
- 3Spread a layer of ice cream over the cookies.
- 4Repeat making 2 more layers, or however many your pan will accommodate, ending with a top layer of cookies.
- 5Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil, and freeze until needed.
- 615 minutes before serving, remove the cake from the freezer.
- 7Whip the cream.
- 8Grab the overhanging foil on the sides of the pan, and lift out the ice cream cake. Place it on a serving platter.
- 9Decorate the top with whipped cream, and place the strawberries randomly on top to make a design.
- 10Cut into squares with a sharp knife, and serve.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Wafer Cookie Ice Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.5
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 43.1 mg
- Sodium 446.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 39.1 g
- Protein 7.5 g