Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a great birthday cake, that's simple dimple to make, from televisions cooking show host of Ciao Italia, Mary Ann Esposito! She is the longest running cooking show host in history. She is a wonderful person, and I had the great privilege of meeting her many years ago, as she lives next to the town I used to live in, and she was guest speaker at a womens luncheon that I attended. Her husband, Guy Esposite is a well known doctor in Dover NH. NOTE: Cooking time is freezing time, and I would freeze it for at least 2 hours. NOTE: Please see my recipe for Chocolate Wafer Cookies (Like Nabisco Chocolate Wafer Cookies), if you have a hard time finding the Nabisco Chocolate Wafer Cookies at your local grocery store. (Sometimes they are found in odd places like near the ice cream toppings and cones etc.)
- Line a 9X3" pan with aluminum foil, with an overhang of 2".
- Line the bottom of the pan with a layer of the cookies, breaking a few to fit into the edges, if necessary.
- Spread a layer of ice cream over the cookies.
- Repeat making 2 more layers, or however many your pan will accommodate, ending with a top layer of cookies.
- Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil, and freeze until needed.
- 15 minutes before serving, remove the cake from the freezer.
- Whip the cream.
- Grab the overhanging foil on the sides of the pan, and lift out the ice cream cake. Place it on a serving platter.
- Decorate the top with whipped cream, and place the strawberries randomly on top to make a design.
- Cut into squares with a sharp knife, and serve.
Yeah, I found the wafer cookies! I have had this recipe on my to try list for awhile now, and couldn't wait to make it. I used French Vanilla ice cream, then decorated with the whipped cream and fresh strawberries. It was so delicious! My sister drizzled hers with hot fudge before serving, but I just sprinkled with some crushed almonds and I was thrilled with every mouthfull! Thanks for sharing!