Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 (18 ounce) packagebetty crocker supermoist devil's food cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (6 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- ice cream or whipped cream, if desired
- caramel topping or chocolate fudge topping, if desired
- chopped nuts, if desired
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease (or lightly spray with cooking spray) bottom only of rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches.
- Beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly (do not overbeat); or stir 2 minutes by hand. Pour half of the batter into pan. Bake 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat caramels and evaporated milk in 1-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until caramels are melted. Stir in pecans. Pour caramel mixture over warm cake in pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Spread with remaining batter. Bake 30 minutes. Cool at least 30 minutes. Serve with ice cream, drizzle with topping and sprinkle with nuts. Store tightly covered.