1/4 Photos of Chocolate Truffle Cake
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
If you are craving chocolate, look no further! This cake is the ultimate in decadence and takes so few ingredients. It's dense, fudge-like and the ganache is delicious. I like to garnish it with some fresh raspberries. This recipe comes from a cookbook called, "Beyond Parsley". Enjoy! Note: time does not include refrigeration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces dark chocolate or 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs, beaten until foamy
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F Melt the 8 ounces of chocolate, for the cake, and stir until smooth. You can use a double boiler for this or simply a bowl fitted over a pan containing an inch or two of boiling water - just make sure the water doesn't touch the bowl.
- 2Remove from the heat and cool for a few minutes. Add the butter, a little bit at a time, and beat with a wire whisk until smooth.
- 3Add sugar and beat it for about a minute, using the whisk.
- 4Add eggs and continue beating with the whisk until fully incorporated.
- 5Butter an 8-inch round cake pan and line with parchment. Pour in the batter and set pan into a slightly larger pan.
- 6Fill the larger, outer pan with some hot water, about 1 inch deep. Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes (1 hour and 30 minutes tops.depending on your oven.).
- 7Cool for 1 hour. (Yes, you have to wait!) Cake will fall, don't be alarmed.
- 8Then refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours. (Yes, you have to wait some more.).
- 9Prepare the ganache: Boil chocolate and heavy cream together, over medium high heat, stirring to blend. Be careful here so you don't burn the chocolate. Once the chocolate is melted, take off heat immediately and set to cool a bit.
- 10Refrigerate the ganache until it's of spreadable consistency. This could take about 1 to 2 hours (while your cake is refrigerating). Just be careful that it doesn't sit too long or your ganache will become too hard to spread.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Truffle Cake
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 570.5
- Calories from Fat 447
- Total Fat 49.7 g
- Saturated Fat 30.4 g
- Cholesterol 145.3 mg
- Sodium 50.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 25.5 g
- Protein 9.3 g