These are the best cookies on the planet. I got the recipe from a book called "Best-Loved Cookies".
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 (9 -12 ounce) package chocolate-covered caramel candies (I use Dove brand)
- 4 -6 ounces white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter, brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy; beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour mixture and 1/2 cup pecans; beat well.
- Cover dough; refrigerate 15 minutes or until firm enough to roll into balls.
- Place remaining 1/2 cup pecans and 1 tablespoons sugar in shallow dish. Roll tablespoonful of dough around 1 caramel candy, covering completely; press one side into nut mixture.
- Place, nut side up, on ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat with additional dough and candies, placing 3 inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set and slightly cracked. Let stand on cookie sheet 2 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to wire rack; cool completely.
- Place white chocolate chips in a small resealable plastic freezer bag; seal bag.
- Microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 2 minutes. Continue microwaving in one minute intervals at 50% power until melted.
- Knead bag until chocolate is smooth. Cut off tiny corner of bag; drizzle chocolate onto cookies.
- Let stand about 30 minute or until chocolate is set.