Growing up, these were always made for every kid's birthday party and for Christmas. They are so easy to make and very fudgy. The yield on these will vary depending on how big you make the snowballs. The "cooking" time is the time it takes for the mixture to cool.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil sugar,milk and butter gently for 5 minutes.
- 2Remove from heat.
- 3Fold in rolled oats, 1 cup coconut, cocoa and vanilla.
- 4Chill mixture for about 1/2-1 hour. Form into balls and roll into remaining coconut.
- 5Some tips for getting the texture of these correct:.
- 6-- Be precise with your measurements.
- 7-- Boil for no more than 5 minutes and time it from point it starts to boil.
- 8-- Do not stir the mixture as it boils. This can cause crystallization of the sugar and results in a hard end product.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Snowballs
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.8
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 13.4 mg
- Sodium 49.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 20.7 g
- Protein 2.7 g