Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is moist, delicious rum ball recipe I received from a former co-worker. It is great to have at Christmas...or even anytime!
- Grate chocolate squares and almonds in food processor.
- Place almonds in a large bowl and sift in the icing sugar and coffee. Add chocolate.
- Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of the rum and the milk.
- Mix until the mixture is evenly moistened and is a uniform dark brown.
- Chill for 10 minutes.
- Shape into ball and knead several times.
- Roll dough into 3/4" balls.
- Dip each ball in remaining rum. Shake off excess moisture and roll in vermicelli or icing sugar.
- Place on waxed paper to dry for 1 hours.
- Cooking time is chilling and drying time.
These were very easy to eat and a great holiday treat! They are very rich (just what I expected), and oh so chocolatey!!! They didn't make 60 though, more like 30. Maybe I made them too big? Thanks for sharing!