1/1 Photo of Chocolate Rainbow Krispies Treats
This is a colorful twist on the old favorite "Rice Krispy" treats. These go over well with children and are a big seller at bake sales. You may cut them into much smaller squares, if desired. We like them huge!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Measure out cereal into a huge bowl and set aside.
- 2Melt margarine and marshmallows together in a large saucepan over low heat, stirring (do not let burn).
- 3As soon as the mixture has melted together, pour over the cereal and mix well using two large spoons.
- 4Let the cereal mixture cool down just a few seconds, then stir in 1/2 cup of the mini M&Ms candies, saving the remaining 1/2 cup for later.
- 5Mix well; some of the M&Ms will melt and the cereal will turn chocolaty.
- 6Immediately spread this mixture into a 9x13" baking pan that has been greased or sprayed with nonstick baking spray.
- 7Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup M&Ms over the top, pressing if needed to make them stick to the top (using a large sheet of wax paper to press will keep your fingers from getting sticky).
- 8Allow to cool completely.
- 9When cool, cut into 12 large pieces (or smaller pieces for more servings).
- 10Note: regular M&Ms will not melt quickly enough, which is why I recommend the miniature.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Rainbow Krispies Treats
Serving Size: 1 (1009 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.3
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 391.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 29.4 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
miniature M&M's chocolate candies