Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the "filling" for my gluten free chocolate peanut butter tart located here: http://www.elanaspantry.com/chocolate-peanut-butter-tart/
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk (not lite)
- 1 pinch celtic sea salt
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons yacon syrup
- 5 drops stevia
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate, 73%
- In a saucepan, heat coconut milk and salt over medium heat.
- Raise heat and sift the arrowroot powder into the pot, then whisk vigorously by hand or with a hand blender until thick.
- Whisk in agave, yacon, stevia and vanilla.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes; add chocolate, stirring vigorously until melted.
- Chill for 10 minutes, then pour into cooled pie crust.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours, until firm.
Made this as the filling for the nut crust, just as you suggested. It was fabulous. I'd say it serves more like 8 though, because it's quite rich, served with some fruit on the side. Very impressive and I'm so glad to have another trusty vegan gluten free dessert recipe. Thank you Elana.