Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
These cookies are great for holiday gifts, and easy to make and are so yummy! Makes alot of cookies.
- In large saucepan melt margarine and choclate over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly Add flour, walnuts, baking powder,salt, sugar and eggs, add chocolate to mixture.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour for easier handling.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees, shape dough into 1 inch balls, roll balls into powdered sugar, coating heavily, place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheet, bake for 13-18 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet to cool.
Intense chocolate; great flavor. Easy. A classic cookie.
Awesome! I had an old recipe from my mom and after a while they were not turning out right....probably when my marriage was going bad. However, I am married and happy and this recipe rocks! They are delicious.
Mine didn't turn out as nicely as I had hoped. I used butter and omitted the nuts. The only other thing I did differently was to freeze it at the point where it was called to refrigerate it. The cookies spread out really thin and look kinda funny. They still taste great though! I think it must have been an error of mine so I left off the stars.