Prep 20 mins
Cook 33 mins
This is a Martha Stewart recipe. I absolutely adore any kind of biscotti. This is a real winner.
Make and share this Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature (plus more for baking sheet)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (plus more for baking sheet)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup shelled pistachio nut
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour baking sheets and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, beat till well combined, scaping sides, if necessary.
- Add flour mixture and stir to form a stiff dough.
- Stir in pistachio nuts and chocolate chips.
- Transfer dough to prepared baking sheet; form into a slightly flattened log, about 12 x 4 inches.
- Bake till slightly firm, about 25 minutes.
- Cool on rack for 5 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- Cut biscotti on the diagonal into 1" thick slices.
- Arrange on baking sheet cut side down and bake till crisp, but slightly soft in center, about 8 minutes.
Finally, a biscotti recipe that really worked for me this holiday season! This biscotti is delicious with the right amount of crunch. DH said I should definitely make this one again. The only change I made was to flip and to bake the cut biscotti a second time for 10 minutes after step #13. This recipe makes huge pieces, so if I could figure out the right baking time, I might make two logs instead of a giant one. The dough was stiff and a bit sticky when rolling, so I was glad I used a non-stick baking mat.
This is a great recipe! I'm surprised no one's reviewed it yet. I made it according to the recipe and wouldn't change a thing.