Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
If chocolate and pecan pie are among your favorites, you should give these delicious bars a try from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line bottom and sides of a 9x13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat 1 stick room-temp butter, brown sugar, flour,and salt until coarse crumbs form.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan; press firmly into bottom.
- Bake until lightly browned, 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in same large bowl, mix eggs, corn syrup, granulated sugar, and 2 TBS melted butter until well combined.
- Add chocolate chips and pecans; spread over crust.
- Bake until set, 25-30 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan before lifting out (use foil to lift).
- Cut into 32 bars.
Great rich, chocolaty indulgence. Cut them small and served them at a tea I hosted. They were a huge hit! They'll stay in my MasterCook "favorites". Thanks for the recipe.
These are amazing. I know I've gained at least 5 pounds from them but it's worth it!
Made these wonderful bars for my conversational English class last week and they went down a treat. I had to explain to my students that they WEREN'T brownies. :-) Subbed walnuts for the pecans. Yummy, chocolatey and sweet!