1/1 Photo of Chocolate Pecan Caramel Pie
I recently found this in a magazine and it is wonderful. Very rich and almost sinful. Definitely a holiday dessert. I hope you like it. Cook time does not include refrigerating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2Put 2 cups of the pecans into a food processor or blender and process until finely ground.
- 3Mix pecans with granulated sugar and melted butter and press into a 9-inch pie pan.
- 4Bake 12 minutes or until lightly browned (if this puffs up during cooking, just lightly pressed down with a spoon).
- 5Microwave caramels and 1/3 of the whipping cream on high 3 minutes or until the caramels are melted, stirring often.
- 6Pour into crust.
- 7Lightly chop the remaining pecans and sprinkle over the caramel mixture.
- 8Put the rest of the whipping cream, chocolates, powdered sugar and vanilla in a sauce pan.
- 9Cook over low heat stirring often until the chocolate is melted.
- 10Pour the chocolate mixture over the pie and spread to cover.
- 11Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Pecan Caramel Pie
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 766.6
- Calories from Fat 495
- Total Fat 55.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 45.9 mg
- Sodium 173.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 59.5 g
- Protein 7.6 g