1/3 Photos of Chocolate Peanut Butter Surprises
1 hr 17 mins
Chewy chocolate cookie with peanut butter center. You definitely want to use the full 1 tsp of filling per cookie otherwise you won't be able to taste the "surprise". Prep time is chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda.
- 2In separate bowl, beat butter, shortening, sugar and 1 cup of the brown sugar for 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time until fully combined. Add vanilla and mix.
- 3Gradually add in dry mix until fully combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 4Cover bowl and chill for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 5In small bowl, stir together peanut butter and 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- 6Using 1 1/4" scoop, drop dough onto cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Make thumbprint in cookie and fill with 1 tsp of peanut butter mixture. Top with a second scoop of dough and mold over "surprise".
- 7Bake until firm, about 12 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes on sheet before removing.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Peanut Butter Surprises
Serving Size: 1 (1286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2937.2
- Calories from Fat 1476
- Total Fat 164.0 g
- Saturated Fat 66.9 g
- Cholesterol 333.5 mg
- Sodium 1168.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 357.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.3 g
- Sugars 235.3 g
- Protein 43.6 g