Chewy chocolate cookie with peanut butter center. You definitely want to use the full 1 tsp of filling per cookie otherwise you won't be able to taste the "surprise". Prep time is chill time.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda.
- In separate bowl, beat butter, shortening, sugar and 1 cup of the brown sugar for 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time until fully combined. Add vanilla and mix.
- Gradually add in dry mix until fully combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover bowl and chill for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In small bowl, stir together peanut butter and 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Using 1 1/4" scoop, drop dough onto cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Make thumbprint in cookie and fill with 1 tsp of peanut butter mixture. Top with a second scoop of dough and mold over "surprise".
- Bake until firm, about 12 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes on sheet before removing.