Chewy chocolate cookie with peanut butter center. You definitely want to use the full 1 tsp of filling per cookie otherwise you won't be able to taste the "surprise". Prep time is chill time.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda.
- In separate bowl, beat butter, shortening, sugar and 1 cup of the brown sugar for 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time until fully combined. Add vanilla and mix.
- Gradually add in dry mix until fully combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover bowl and chill for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In small bowl, stir together peanut butter and 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Using 1 1/4" scoop, drop dough onto cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Make thumbprint in cookie and fill with 1 tsp of peanut butter mixture. Top with a second scoop of dough and mold over "surprise".
- Bake until firm, about 12 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes on sheet before removing.
These are some of my favorite cookies ever! I remember having them as a kid, and was excited to find the exact recipe online! If you are a choclate peanut butter fan, these cookies will make you drool while you make them. I love them for a treat for friends! The gooey peanut butter/brown sugar center is something I haven't seen in any other cookie! Yum!
Delicious cookies! I wanted to cut down on the calories a little bit so I used Splenda sugar blend and Splenda brown sugar blend in the recipe, and the cookies turned out great. Thanks for posting this tasty recipe. Adopted for PAC April 2008.
Made for PAC spring 2008. If you are a chocolate and peanut butter lover (like I am) then these cookies are for you!!!!! I absolutely love these cookies!! They are sinfully delicious, but don't look at the calories!!! They were a little more work then other cookies, but worth it. I followed the recipe, but did make a little extra peanut butter filling. They took about 14 minutes in my oven. These cookies are dessert worthy. I'm going to warm them up a bit and serve them with vanilla ice cream for dessert :) DELICIOUS!!