The BEST blend for a bar cookie!! Chocolate and peanut butter reminds everyone of Reese Cup Candy. This layered brownie recipe was a hit at our annual family reunion - they emptied the plate!
- Prepare brownie mix according to instructions on box. Pour one-half of mixture into a greased 7 x 11 baking pan.
- Mix all ingredients for peanut butter layer. Spoon mixture evenly over one-half of brownie mixture forming a layer. (If mixture is too thick to spread, add one tablespoon of milk.).
- Pour remaining brownie mix batter over and spread evenly.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- For Optional frosting: Melt chocolate chips and butter in microwave just until almost melted. Remove and immediately spread on top of brownies. Place in refrigerator for quicker cooling before cutting into bars.