Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great for a potluck. You'll bring an empty pan home!
Make and share this Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Mix cake mix, water, butter, and egg.
- Press into a greased 15 x 10-in baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 14 minutes.
- Sprinkle with marshmallows.
- Bake 2 minutes longer. Cool.
- Mix peanut butter chips,corn syrup, butter, and vanilla in saucepan.
- Cook on low until melted; stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat; stir in cereal and peanuts.
- Spoon over marshmallows.
- Cool before cutting.
Oh MizzNess....These bars are so good! made them last night, I didn't have a chocolate cake mix, so I used yellow cake mix, they still turned out fantastic, and very easy to make, may I add....no need to freeze, they will be gone by tonight! Thank you MizzNess for a super dessert recipe :-)
These were wonderful...and very rich! We all loved it. The only problem I had was that they were difficult to cut. I did wait until they were cool but the marshmallow and peanut butter chips are so gooey. It didn't matter b/c it was just for my family, but next time I may try freezing them first. I would love to hear from the recipe poster to see if she would recomend freezing. Thanks for posting!!
Mermaid, I'm not sure about the freezing. It's worth a try. But, what I do is sometimes I cut the topping ingredients in half. I used to do this whan I had a house full of tiny tots! They weren't so messy then. And they still loved them.