Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I made this last night and thought I had died and gone to heaven. Sooo delicious and amazingly good for you. Even my boyfriend loved it! I used fresh strawberries in place of the raspberries but you could use what you love.
For the Pavlova
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
For the topping
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 1⁄4 cup shaved dark chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup melted dark chocolate, for drizzling
- 1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. Whisk the egg whites and salt on high speed until they hold their shape. Add the lemon juice and whisk just to incorporate. Add the sugar gradually until the mixture stands in firm peaks. Sift the cocoa powder into a small corner of the bowl and lightly fold it into the meringue using a plastic spatula (3 turns). Do not overmix or you will lose the rippled effect. Pour the meringue onto the parchment-lined sheet pan in an oval shape, roughly 2 inches high. Place into the bottom of the oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- 3. Switch off the oven without opening the door and leave the pavlova in the turned-off oven for 1 hour. Remove and set aside.
- 4. For the topping: Whisk the whipping cream and 1 tablespoons confectioners' sugar into semi-stiff peaks and spoon on top of the pavlova. Sprinkle with raspberries and shaved chocolate before serving. Finish with drizzled chocolate.
Thank you for posting this here. I have made this recipe MANY time and always have to search for it. This Pavlova is always a hit and it is easy to make. I also make just the meringue with out the chocolate and top it with lemon curd and whipped cream. YUM! A few tips I have learned is don't make this on a rainy or humid day and use eggs that are a few days old. I have chickens and fresh eggs didn't whip up the same. Everyone loves "my" pavlova. I am making one today for a birthday request.
Yummy! I used strawberries too. Can't wait to make it again!!!