1/2 Photos of Chocolate Orgasm
Name was chosen by group of friends I once served this to. You should have heard the sounds at the table! Baking time has been fine-tuned to take different reviews into consideration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 lb good-quality chocolate, melted (I use a Greek brand, mixing 1/2 lb milk chocolate with 1/2 lb bitter not unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons liquor (I have tried many but especially like cognac, brandy and amaretto) or 2 tablespoons liqueur (I have tried many but especially like cognac, brandy and amaretto)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- lightly whipped cream (unsweetened or just barely sweetened) or 1 scoop of softened vanilla ice cream
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Have rack in bottom third of oven.
- 3Generously butter a springform pan.
- 4Beat butter with sugar for about 4-5 minutes with electric mixer.
- 5Add eggs, alternately with flour, baking powder, chocolate and liquor and continue to beat until all ingredients are incorporated.
- 6Pour into springform pan.
- 7Bake 10 minutes, turn off heat, and leave in turned-off oven another 15 minutes.
- 8Remove and let stand about 10-15 minutes before serving.
- 9I cut into this with a serrated spatula.
- 10It will be cakey-crusty outside and molten, rich chocolatey goo in the middle.
- 11I serve with very lightly whipped cream (unsweetened or just barely sweetened) or a scoop of softened vanilla ice cream on the side.
- 12I have often made this several hours ahead of baking (which should be done close to eating time) and popped it in the fridge and then popped it into the preheated oven, increasing baking time by 5 minutes- it worked great!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Orgasm
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.1
- Calories from Fat 439
- Total Fat 48.8 g
- Saturated Fat 29.8 g
- Cholesterol 145.5 mg
- Sodium 256.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 20.6 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: