If you have a sweet tooth then you will love these!
Make and share this Chocolate Mud Brownie Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar (for a less sweeter taste reduce sugar slightly)
- 1⁄2 cup sifted unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup caramel sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups mini marshmallows
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans or 3⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chip
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare an 8 x 8-inch foil-lined baking dish, then grease the foil.
- In a bowl mix the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and sifted cocoa powder until combined.
- Using a pastry blender or a fork cut in the shortening until crumbled.
- Add/stir in egg, 1/2 cup water and vanilla until combined.
- Spread the mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until the center is set.
- Remove from oven then spread with caramel sauce.
- Sprinkle with marshmallows and then chopped nuts.
- Return to oven and bake for another 6-8 minutes more.
- In the microwave melt the mini baking chips with butter until melted and smooth stirring once; drizzle over warm bars.
- Cool and cut into small squares.
My friends and I ate almost a whole pan while sitting around the table talking and munching away! That's how good they are! Rich, delicious, and chocolate, what more could you ask for :) Yummo!
Talk about taking the brownie to the next level! Wow, loved the topping this was a HUGE hit with my boys, they say thank you Kit. Will definitely make these again. They are already gone :) they were that good, and I just made them today. *Keeper* TFS ~V
Okay here's another winning chocolate recipe, wow this is a brownie extreme! we loved this Kit. thank you.