1 hr 5 mins
If you are looking for a delicious, impressive dessert, you should give this recipe a try. This cake is best when made the day before serving. Garnish the top with the chocolate whipped cream and nuts just before serving. The Prep/Cook times do not include the minimum 3 to 4 hour cooling time needed before serving.
My Private Note
9inch C ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup hazelnuts (4 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
Chocolate Whipped Cream
- 1Grease a 9 inch springform pan.
- 2In food processor or blender, coarsely grind hazelnuts to make 1 1/4 cups.
- 3Combine ground hazelnuts and melted butter.
- 4Press hazelnut/butter mixture into the bottom and 1 1/2 inches up the sides of greased pan.
- 5In a saucepan combine the cut up chocolate and 1/2 cup heavy cream.
- 6Stir over low heat until chocolate is melted.
- 7Remove cream from heat.
- 8In a mixer bowl, beat eggs and vanilla at low speed until well mixed.
- 9Add flour and sugar, beat on high speed for 10 minutes, or until thick and lemon colored.
- 10In a small bowl, beat remaining (1/2 cup) heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- 11Stir about 1/4 of the egg mixture into the melted chocolate.
- 12Fold remaining egg mixture into chocolate mixture, then fold in the whipped cream.
- 13Turn mixture into prepared pan.
- 14Bake in a preheated 325°F oven for 30-35 minutes, or until puffed on the outer third of the top.
- 15(Center will be slightly soft).
- 16Cool cake for 20 minutes.
- 17Remove pan sides.
- 18Cool on a rack 3 to 4 hours.
- 19Cake may be served at room temperature or chilled.
- 20If serving the cake the next day, cover and store in the refrigerator.
- 21Before serving, decoratively pipe (or dollop) the chocolate whipped cream on the top of the cake and garnish with whole hazelnuts.
- 22Chocolate Whipped Cream: In a small saucepan, combine heavy cream and semisweet chocolate.
- 23Stir over low heat until all the chocolate is melted.
- 24Remove from heat and stir until there are no chocolate specks remaining.
- 25Pour mixture into a bowl and chill well.
- 26Just before serving, beat cream until stiff peaks form (tips of peaks should stand straight).
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mousse Cake with Chocolate Whipped Cream
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.1
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 115.6 mg
- Sodium 57.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 8.2 g