Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
My boys came home from a bachelor party w/this recipe and said "mom you just have to make these". Needless to say they are decadent. I was surprised they'd be served at that type of party, but it worked. Delish!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -7 ounce marshmallow cream
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 6 ounces butterscotch chips
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 1st layer:.
- Cream the 1st three ingredients.
- Add vanilla, eggs, flour, salt.
- Spray and flour a 10x15-inch cookie sheet type pan.
- Spread creamed mixture into pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- 2nd layer:.
- Spread evenly the marshmallow cream on the first layer when still partially warm.
- 3rd layer:.
- melt over low heat the peanut butter, chocolate chips, and butterscotch chips, blend well.
- Add the Rice Krispies.
- Spread this mixture over the top of the marshmallow cream layer a spoonful at a time.
This was a huge hit! Everyone was raving about how it was a "triple delight" with all of the delicious layers and everyone's favorite dessert included in there somewhere :) It was also super easy to make! The brownie layer is definitely sticky, so be sure to grease and flour the pan well, as mentioned in the directions. I also found it easier to spread once I gave my long-handed scraper a healthy spray of nonstick cooking spray too. Thanks for sharing!
Excellent! What could be better than a brownie topped with marshmallow topped with sweet and krispie rice!! The brownie part is the perfect amount of chocolate, light and soft but chewy at the same time. The rest is a wonderful compliment of textures. The hard part is staying away from them, it does make a large recipe! One thing, be patient with the marshmallow and let it melt a bit before you spread, it goes very easily if you give it time. This will make an appearance on my baking trays many more times. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Delish!!! Served tonight as desert and folks really liked it. I thought the bars were a bit creamy and didn't hold their shape, I thought they would be more crispy and not so soft. Perhaps I did something wrong. At any rate company loved them! Made for 123 tag.