Prep 8 mins
Cook 45 mins
If you like kalhua you'll like this cake.. soooo easy to make, enjoy!
Make and share this Chocolate Kahlua Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 package plain devil's food cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3⁄4 cup Kahlua
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar (sifted)
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
- preheat oven to 350.
- lightly grease and flour a 12 cup bundt pan (shake out extra flour) mix cake mix, pudding mix, kalhua, water, oil, and eggs in a large mixing bowl, with a electric mixer beat for 1 minute,scrap the sides of the bowl, and beat for another 2-3 minutes.
- pour batter in the pan and bake for 45-47 minutes, cool for 20 minutes.
- run a sharp knife around the edge of the cake and transfer to a plate.
- make the glaze of confectioners sugar and kalhua and mix well.
- spoon glaze over cake and allow it drip over sides and in center.
This was just the bees knees! I had a special guest for dinner and the family inhaled it! It was so moist and chocolately it need only simple garnishment. I dollop of whipped cream and a few chocolate sprinkles and dessert was on! I did add a 1/3 cup of flour for high altitude, though. Sure was a special finish to a great meal and I sent 4 pieces home with the visiting folks, by request. Thanks for a wonderful keeper!
Lisa, this cake is DIVINE! Very, very easy to mix up and bake. I could only squeeze a half of a cup of Kahlua out of the bottle, so it was shy of the 3/4 cup called for in the directions. Didn't really seem to matter. It's still yummy! Made a simple chocolate chip glaze for the top and Voila! This could quite possibly become my favorite cake! Thanks a bunch for posting. Laudee C.
This is Excellent. I made for my husbands birthday cake yesterday and he loved it. It is not too sweet and the glaze contrasts so nicely with the dark cake and makes such a lovely presentation. Served with some french vanilla ice cream and you're in heaven! The only variation I made is that I used devil's food instant pudding instead of regular chocolate, and the only change I would make in the future is to warm the kahlua before mixing with the sugar for the glaze, just for easier mixing. This will be made often at my house. Thanks Lisa for a great recipe!