1/2 Photos of Chocolate Icebox Pie
This is so good! This pie needs to chill about 8 hours before serving so make the day before or early in the day. Adapted from Southern Living Annual Recipes 2005. Chilling time is not included in the cook or prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (6 ounce) ready-made chocolate crumb crusts
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 (1 5/8 ounce) milk chocolate candy bars, chopped
- 1Heat milk in a 3 quart saucepan over medium heat until it begins to bubble around the edges (DO NOT BOIL).
- 2Remove from heat and whisk in the chocolate morsels until melted.
- 3Cool slightly.
- 4Stir together cold water and cornstarch until dissolved.
- 5Whisk cornstarch mixture, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, and vanilla into chocolate mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Boil 1 minute or until mixture thickens and is smooth. Be careful not to overcook.
- 6Remove from heat and whisk in butter.
- 7Spoon mixture into pie crust.
- 8Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- 9Beat whipping cream at high speed with a mixer until foamy. Gradually add sugar and beat until soft peaks form.
- 10Spread whipped cream evenly over pie filling.
- 11Sprinkle with pecans and candy bar pieces.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Icebox Pie
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 640.5
- Calories from Fat 355
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 143.6 mg
- Sodium 298.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 49.7 g
- Protein 10.4 g