Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Better Homes and Gardens special interest publications Holiday Baking 2008. Originally titled Gianduia Cheesecake Brownies. The cheesecake batter was lumpy when mixed but that didn't seem to affect the final product.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (400 g) jar chocolate hazelnut spread (like Nutella)
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, melted and cooled
- 4 eggs
- 2 (250 g) packages light cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- powdered sugar (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 325°F Grease and lightly flour a 13x9x2 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour and cocoa powder; set aside.
- In a mixer bowl, combine 4 eggs, 2 cups of granulated sugar, 1/2 cup of chocolate hazelnut spread and the melted butter. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed until combined. Add flour mixture; stir until smooth. Spread batter in prepared pan; set aside.
- Rinse bowl and beaters. In mixer bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining chocolate hazelnut spread. Add eggs and sugar and beat on medium speed until combined. Carefully spread over brownie batter in prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until cream cheese layer is firm and set. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cover and chill several hours or overnight before cutting into brownies.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar to garnish.
oh yummy! I have had several of these tonight. love the nutella. made for fall pac 2009