1/2 Photos of Chocolate-Hazelnut Bars
An attractive and tasty bar cookie adapted from Family Circle magazine. Using the Nutella as frosting makes this simple and quick to put together. Note added 9/16/05: Even though the recipe calls simply for an egg yolk, I would suggest using the whole egg as I believe they will hold together better. Thanks to Caroline Cooks for testing this change. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350°F and generously coat a 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray (I lined with non-stick aluminum foil, allowing excess over sides of pan so I can lift them out to cut).
- 2Beat together butter, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla in medium-size bowl until well blended.
- 3Mix in flour, salt and 1/3 cup finely chopped hazelnuts.
- 4Press evenly in prepared pan.
- 5Bake for 20 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- 6Remove pan to wire rack and cool 10 minutes.
- 7Spread top evenly with chocolate-hazelnut spread, then sprinkle with remaining hazelnuts.
- 8Chill to set top, then cut into 24 bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Hazelnut Bars
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.4
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 28.2 mg
- Sodium 57.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g