Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An axcellent filling for chocolate cakes and tortes. If you like,you can add 1-2 tablespoons of rum,sherry or a flavoured liqueur,depending on the flavour or occasion .
- 8 ounces dark chocolate (I use Bournville)
- 1⁄2 liter double cream
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a saucepan.Mix in the double cream.
- Over a very low heat and stirring constantly to prevent the chocolate from scorching,work the mixture until all the chocolate has melted and you have a smooth creamy mixture(stir gently - do not beat).
- Turn up the heat and keep stirring until boiling point has just been reached.Remove from the heat.
- cool, stirring once in a while,until the mixture begins to thicken and set.
- At this stage, the mixture can be stored in a refrigerator until required(1-2 days),.
- if it's not to be used immediately.
- Put the mixture into the bowl of an electric mixer.Add your favourite liqueur at.
- this stage (if using).
- Mix at high speed using a whisk until the mixture doubles in volume.It will lighten in.
- colour and become fluffy in appearance after.
- approximately 5 minutes(don't try it with a handwhisk unless you're Superman).
- Use immediately before it becomes hard and.
- unspreadable to fill and decorate the outside of cakes and tortes.