1/3 Photos of Chocolate Frosted Peanut Butter Crispy Rice Cereal Bars
This complete recipe can be doubled. It is best to slice the bars while the chocolate topping is only semi hardened, this will prevent the chocolate from cracking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 0.5 (16 ounce) package mini marshmallows
- 5 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1Pour the rice cereal and chopped peanuts (if using) in a large bowl; set aside.
- 2In a heavy-bottomed saucepan combine the light corn syrup and white sugar; bring to a boil; continue to boil for 1 minute.
- 3Reduce heat to low and stir in butter or margarine, peanut butter and vanilla until melted and smooth.
- 4Add in mini marshmallows and stir until blended.
- 5Pour the marshmallow mixture into the rice cereal and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- 6Press the mixture into an greased 11 x 7-inch baking pan, flatten with the back of a buttered spoon.
- 7In a microwave-safe bowl microwave the chocolate chips with shortening on HIGH until melted, removing once to stir.
- 8Immediately spread the hot chocolate mixture evenly over the bars; chill to harden the chocolate.
- 9Cut into desired size bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Frosted Peanut Butter Crispy Rice Cereal Bars
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.2
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 114.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 18.3 g
- Protein 2.8 g