This is a recipe that was very popular in the '70's. Easy to put together and quite delicious.
Make and share this Chocolate Eclair Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Filling: Mix together pudding and milk.
- Fold in Cool Whip, and mix well.
- Butter a 9 x 13" cake pan.
- Place a layer of crackers in the pan.
- Top with half of the pudding mixture, then add another layer of crackers, and the remaining pudding.
- End with a third layer of crackers, and set aside.
- Topping: Blend milk, cocoa, sugar and salt and bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute, and remove from heat.
- Stir in butter and vanilla.
- Mix well, and allow to cool.
- Spread cooled mixture on top of cake, and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Just before serving, decorate top with chocolate curls by peeling chocolate bar with a vegetable peeler.