These pb sandwich cookies are very yummy and so easy to make. For a softer cookie, bake on a "lighter" colored pan as opposed to a dark baking pan. This recipe comes from a December Family Circle magazine from a few years back.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter, room temp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
Peanut Butter Filling
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- In large bowl, beat butter, peanut butter, sugar and egg until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to peanut butter mixture and beat on low.
- Take one rounded teaspoon of dough and roll into a 1-inch ball. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes until puffed (do not over bake). Let stand 2 minutes on cookie sheet and then transfer to cookie rack to cool.
- Filling: For the filling, mix together the peanut butter and confectioners' sugar. Spread 1/2 of the cookies with 1 rounded teaspoon filling on flat side of cookies. Top with remaining cookies to form a sandwich cookie.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until firm.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave chocolate chips and oil for 1 minute at 100% power; stir until melted.
- Dip cookied half-way into chocolate; let excess drain off.
- Place cookies on waxed papered sheets and dizzle with remaining chocolate.
- Refrigerate to set.
These are the best cookies, they are easy to make, and very yummy. Far better than an average cookie. I couldn't stop eating them and secretly wanted them all for myself.
Needs more stars!!! FABULOUS and EASY!
These were a big hit! Definatley worth the time. i followed the recipie almost exactly only I substituted half of the semi-sweet chips for milk chocolate ones. I added white chocolate drizzles too for an extra decorative touch. 10 minutes is the perfect backing time. If you slightly slam the cookie sheet on the stove when you removed them from the oven it helps to flatten them a bit more. My hubby and kids loved these. Thank you for sharing!!!