These pb sandwich cookies are very yummy and so easy to make. For a softer cookie, bake on a "lighter" colored pan as opposed to a dark baking pan. This recipe comes from a December Family Circle magazine from a few years back.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter, room temp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
Peanut Butter Filling
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- In large bowl, beat butter, peanut butter, sugar and egg until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to peanut butter mixture and beat on low.
- Take one rounded teaspoon of dough and roll into a 1-inch ball. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes until puffed (do not over bake). Let stand 2 minutes on cookie sheet and then transfer to cookie rack to cool.
- Filling: For the filling, mix together the peanut butter and confectioners' sugar. Spread 1/2 of the cookies with 1 rounded teaspoon filling on flat side of cookies. Top with remaining cookies to form a sandwich cookie.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until firm.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave chocolate chips and oil for 1 minute at 100% power; stir until melted.
- Dip cookied half-way into chocolate; let excess drain off.
- Place cookies on waxed papered sheets and dizzle with remaining chocolate.
- Refrigerate to set.