1/3 Photos of Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
1 hr 15 mins
These pb sandwich cookies are very yummy and so easy to make. For a softer cookie, bake on a "lighter" colored pan as opposed to a dark baking pan. This recipe comes from a December Family Circle magazine from a few years back.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, room temp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
Peanut Butter Filling
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350.
- 2In large bowl, beat butter, peanut butter, sugar and egg until smooth.
- 3In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to peanut butter mixture and beat on low.
- 4Take one rounded teaspoon of dough and roll into a 1-inch ball. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 5Bake for 10 minutes until puffed (do not over bake). Let stand 2 minutes on cookie sheet and then transfer to cookie rack to cool.
- 6Filling: For the filling, mix together the peanut butter and confectioners' sugar. Spread 1/2 of the cookies with 1 rounded teaspoon filling on flat side of cookies. Top with remaining cookies to form a sandwich cookie.
- 7Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until firm.
- 8In a microwave safe bowl, microwave chocolate chips and oil for 1 minute at 100% power; stir until melted.
- 9Dip cookied half-way into chocolate; let excess drain off.
- 10Place cookies on waxed papered sheets and dizzle with remaining chocolate.
- 11Refrigerate to set.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1096 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.0
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 16.2 mg
- Sodium 111.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 4.0 g