Such a delicious recipe. I personally think the batter itself tastes just like oreo cookies. Can be eaten plain, or i'll even warm up a container of store bought cream cheese frosting and glaze it all over. Also can try dusting it with powdered sugar Serve warm or room temp.
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat it to 325°F Lightly mist a 10-inch tube pan with vegetable oil spray, then dust with flour.
- Place the cake mix, cream cheese, water, oil, sugar,eggs and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend on low speed for 1 minute.
- Stop the machine and scrape down the sides.
- Beat 2 minutes more on medium speed.
- The batter should look well-combined.
- Pour in the pan and bake 58 to 62 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly pressed and is just starting to pull away from the sides.
- Remove cake to wire rack and allow it to cool for 20 minutes.
- Run a long sharp knife around the edge and invert it onto a rack.
- Then invert it onto another rack so the large side is up.
- Makes 16 servings.
A wonderfully flavored moist cake! I drizzled with some warmed chocolate frosting, and it was lovely. Thanks for sharing!
Turned out gorgeous! I made this to give away actually to my sisters and they give it 5 stars. It's "extremely moist and chocolatey without being overpowering" is what I was told. I couldn't taste test because of medical issues going on right now. But i feel confident in the fact that the sister who gave it such high lauds is a choco-holical-connoiseur. LOL, does that make sense? This cake is awesome, to say the least. Thank you butterflyness!
You are so right--the batter IS just like oreos :). I lightened this up a lot--ff cream cheese, egg sub, and 1/3 c oil--and it turned out divine! Moist and fudgy, just as I'd hoped. I'm going to serve the leftovers tomorrow with strawberries and whipped cream--chocolate strawberry shortcake! Thanks for posting!