Such a delicious recipe. I personally think the batter itself tastes just like oreo cookies. Can be eaten plain, or i'll even warm up a container of store bought cream cheese frosting and glaze it all over. Also can try dusting it with powdered sugar Serve warm or room temp.
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat it to 325°F Lightly mist a 10-inch tube pan with vegetable oil spray, then dust with flour.
- Place the cake mix, cream cheese, water, oil, sugar,eggs and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend on low speed for 1 minute.
- Stop the machine and scrape down the sides.
- Beat 2 minutes more on medium speed.
- The batter should look well-combined.
- Pour in the pan and bake 58 to 62 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly pressed and is just starting to pull away from the sides.
- Remove cake to wire rack and allow it to cool for 20 minutes.
- Run a long sharp knife around the edge and invert it onto a rack.
- Then invert it onto another rack so the large side is up.
- Makes 16 servings.