1/1 Photo of Chocolate-Covered Cherry Delights
1 hr 5 mins
While on vacation this summer, I read the book "Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder" by Joanne Fluke. The author included some very good cookie recipes throughout the book. I want to pass the book on to my swap partner in the Used Media Swap on Zaar, I am posting the recipes here so I can try them later. If you make the cookies before me, please leave a review to let us know how good they are. FYI, the author did not indicate how many cookies the recipe makes so I guessed. I will post a correction as soon as I know better. Oh, one more thing - the book was fun to read. (Author's note about this recipe: "A plate of these should be in every psychiatrist's office - - two Chocolate-Covered Cherry Delights will lift anyone out of a depression)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F, rack in middle position.
- 2Melt butter and mix in sugar.
- 3Let mixture cool.
- 4Add eggs, mix thoroughly.
- 5Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, vanilla and cocoa, stirring after each addition.
- 6Add flour and mix well (dough will be stiff and a bit crumbly).
- 7Drain cherries, remove stems, reserve juice.
- 8Pat dough into walnut-sized balls.
- 9Place on a greased cookie sheet, 12 to a standard sheet.
- 10Press down in center with thumb to make a deep indentation.
- 11Place one cherry in each indentation.
- 12In a saucepan, over simmering water (double boiler), combine the chocolate chips and condensed milk.
- 13Heat on low until the chips are melted.
- 14Add approximately 1/8 cup of reserved cherry juice and stir to a thick sauce.
- 15If sauce is too thick, carefully add a little more juice. Test with a teaspoon. If it doesn't glob off, it is too thick.
- 16Spoon the sauce over the center of each cookie, just enough to cover each cherry. Make sure it doesn't drip down the sides.
- 17Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes.
- 18Let cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes.
- 19Remove to rack to finish cooling.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Covered Cherry Delights
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.5
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 20.0 mg
- Sodium 77.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 2.0 g