1/2 Photos of Chocolate Coffee Cake with Coffee Icing
1 hr 15 mins
Dazzle your guests with this "show stopper" coffee cake. Rich enough for dessert, it makes an ideal brunch cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- chopped walnuts (to garnish)
- raisins (to garnish)
- 1Combine brown sugar, raisins,walnuts,cocoa, cinnamon and instant coffee in a bowl.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Cream butter in a large bowl and gradually beat in sugar until mixture is light and fluffy.
- 4Stir in vanilla.
- 5Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 6Sift flour, baking powder, soda and salt together twice.
- 7Stir flour mixture, 1/3 cup at a time,into butter mixture, alternating with the yogurt.
- 8Beat until just well mixed.
- 9Do not overmix.
- 10(batter will be thick) Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan or bundt pan.
- 11Spoon in one fourth of the batter.
- 12Sprinkle with one third of the raisin-walnut mixture.
- 13Repeat layering twice, ending with batter.
- 14Bake 1 hour at 350*F.
- 15Cool on rack.
- 16Unmold coffee cake and set on serving plate.
- 17Frost sides and top with Coffee Icing.
- 18Sprinkle with raisins and walnuts and chill until ready to serve.
- 19For Icing, mix coffee with water until completely dissolved.
- 21Cream butter and cream cheese until light.
- 22Gradually beat in sugar.
- 23Beat in vanilla, orange juice,salt and coffee mixture.
- 24Whip until double in volume, about 4 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Coffee Cake with Coffee Icing
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 565.9
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 114.3 mg
- Sodium 384.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 48.5 g
- Protein 8.2 g