Prep 20 mins
Cook 17 mins
Another great recipe from yumsugar!
Make and share this Chocolate Coconut Macaroons recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (170 degrees C) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a stainless steel bowl, over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the chocolate. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the egg whites, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract. Stir in the coconut and melted chocolate, making sure the coconut is well coated. If the mixture is too soft, refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Place small mounds (about 1 tablespoon) of the dough on the parchment-lined baking sheet, spacing several inches apart. Bake for about 15 or until the macaroons are shiny.
- Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes and then place on a wire rack to cool.
My family went crazy over these, they are extremely gooey and chocolatey!!
DELICIOUS! A cross between a coconut macaroon and a chocolate truffle! FANTASTIC!
These are very tasty and simple to make. They don't taste nearly as sweet as I thought they would. Maybe it's the weather today (rainy and humid in Honolulu) but my cookies did not spread at all, and I really didn't need to leave much space between them. I followed the recipe exactly as written and used a small scoop; made about 30 cookies. Mahalo Manny!