1/2 Photos of Chocolate Coconut Cupcakes
Wish I Could Cook's Note:
This is the "Toasted Coconut Cupcakes" recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World. I just made them and they are delicious! The recipe below uses shortening whereas the original recipe calls for coconut oil. If you want to use a full can of coconut milk, just double the recipe. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- 2Mix together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- 3Melt the shortening over low heat. (Once melted, turn the heat off, but leave on stove so it doesn't solidify.).
- 4In a separate bowl mix together coconut milk, sugar, vanilla and coconut extract. Stir in the melted shortening.
- 5Add the flour mixture in batches. Mix until smooth.
- 6Fold in the coconut.
- 7Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full.
- 8Bake for 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 9Cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Coconut Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.9
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 113.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 26.9 g
- Protein 1.9 g