These bars taste almost like Mound chocolate bars, for a change of taste, you could replace the chocolate chips with butterscotch chips, or any flavor that you desire.
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 13 x 9-in baking pan.
- FOR CRUST: Mix together, the crumbs, brown sugar and the melted butter.
- press gently into the bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 10-15 mins; remove from oven.
- FOR TOP LAYER: Combine the coconut and the milk.
- Gently spread over the crumb crust.
- Return to oven, and bake for another 15 mins.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with chocolate chips (any amount desired).
- Allow the chocolate to melt, then spread gently, evenly all over the bars.
- Cool, cut into bars.