Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are basic chocolate chip cookies with out the chocolate. Don't get me wrong, I love chocolate, but sometimes I just want the cookie.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottom medium saucepan over low heat.
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
- Pour the melted butter in the mixer’s work bowl. Add the sugar and brown sugar. Cream the butter and sugars on medium speed.
- Add the egg, yolk, 2 tablespoons milk and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Chill the dough, then scoop onto parchment-lined baking sheets, 6 cookies per sheet.
- Bake for 14 minutes or until golden brown, checking the cookies after 5 minutes. Rotate the baking sheet for even browning.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container.