Taken from "Rosie's Fresh Cream Sugar-Packed Baking Book" one of my all time favorite recipe books! This cookie dough also works beautifully when refrigerated a minimum of 4 hours, it tends to produce a thicker chewier cookie that is crisp around the edges, and also may be frozen, and yes, measure 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour! This is one of my all-time favorite chocolate chip cookie! :)
My Private Note
large c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (no subs!)
- 1/2 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons maple extract (or use vanilla)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup Skor English toffee bit
- 1Set oven to 375°F.
- 2Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, or lightly grease with vegetable oil or butter (no non-stick vegetable sprays!).
- 3In a bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- 4In another bowl, using an electric mixer cream butter, Crisco shortening, both sugars and vanilla until fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- 5Add in eggs and beat on medium speed until blended (about 1 minute).
- 6Add in the flour mixture, and beat until blended (about 30 seconds).
- 7Add in chocolate chips, nuts and toffee bits; mix to combine.
- 8Drop the dough by tablespoons (equivalent to about 3 tablespoons).
- 9Bake the cookies centers are slightly puffed up (about 11-12 minutes).
- 10Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Serving Size: 1 (1368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.8
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 31.9 mg
- Sodium 226.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 2.9 g