1/2 Photos of Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
This cookie is a bit healtier than some others but still delicious. I love putting a healthier variation out for my family that they still love -- and this one tops all. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (December 1986)
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, room temperature (2 sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten to blend
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts) (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar together. Stir in turbinado sugar.
- 3Add eggs and vanilla and stir to combine.
- 4Stir in dry ingredinents (flours - salt) until combined.
- 5Stir in oatmeal and wheat germ.
- 6Mix in remaining ingredients (chocolate chips and optional raisins and nuts).
- 7Form dough into 3-inch balls and place onto cookie sheets.
- 8Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- 9Cool on rack.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1840.6
- Calories from Fat 922
- Total Fat 102.5 g
- Saturated Fat 60.6 g
- Cholesterol 303.6 mg
- Sodium 1723.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 227.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.6 g
- Sugars 133.5 g
- Protein 25.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: