1/2 Photos of Chocolate Chip Date Nut Squares.
1 hr 5 mins
Got this from my mother-in-law. If she had told me ahead of time there were dates in this I may never have tried it. mmmmm good secret: must be prepared day ahead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium bowl mix 1 1/2 c boiling water and 1 1/2 tsp baking soda with the dates.
- 2Set aside to cool.
- 3Beat together margarine,1 c sugar and eggs in large bowl.
- 4To this add vanilla extract and date mixture.
- 5Add flour, 3/4 tsp baking soda and salt.
- 6Pour into greased and floured 13x9 pan.
- 7Sprinkle 1/4 c sugar, nuts and chocolate morsels on top.
- 8Bake @ 325 degrees 45 minutes.
- 9The difficult part: set aside until the next day to eat.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Date Nut Squares.
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.5
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 215.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 2.5 g