1/4 Photos of Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is based on a recipe from BH&G's New Cook Book, third printing in 1990. I was surprised that I couldn't find this recipe posted here, although there is a similar one, also from BH&G. Before joining 'Zaar, this has been my go-to recipe when I feel like whipping up a batch of chocolate chip cookies and I prefer it to the recipes printed on the bag of chips. I only make one change, which I noted next to the butter ingredient, in order to keep the ingredients the same as the original.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup margarine (I always use 1 cup salted butter) or 1/2 cup butter (I always use 1 cup salted butter)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate pieces (2 cups)
- 1 cup walnuts (filerts) (optional) or 1 cup pecans (filerts) (optional) or 1 cup hazelnuts, chopped (filerts) (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Using the medium or high setting of an electric mixer, beat shortening and margarine or butter together for 30 seconds in mixing bowl.
- 3Add about half of the flours, the brown sugar, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and baking soda.
- 4Beat mixture till thoroughly combined.
- 5Beat in the remaining flour.
- 6Using wooden spoon, stir in chocolate pieces and optionally, the nuts.
- 7Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- 8Bake for 8 to 10 miutes or till edges are lightly browned.
- 9Cool cookies on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.8
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 32.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 1.0 g