Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the Cake Mix Dr. Something I'd love to try! The recipe's headnote states that these are "best eaten slightly warm, with the centers still gooey." I'll bet on that!
- Heat oven to 350*F. Grease 24 muffin pan molds or line with paper liners.
- Combine the cake mix, pudding mix, milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl; blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and blend another 2 minutes, scraping down bowl as needed.
- Scoop a heaping 1/4 cup batter into each cupcake well, filling at least 2/3 full. (you should get between 22 and 24 cupcakes; remove any empty paper liners).
- Cut the frozen cookie dough pieces in half to make 24 pieces (or enough for how many cupcakes you wind up with); place a dough chunk on top of each cupcake.
- Bake until cakes are golden and spring back when lightly touched, 23-37 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks for 5 minutes, then carefully remove cupcakes from pans and cool another 15 minutes before frosting (they may sink a bit in the center). Serve warm.
- Store cupcakes in a cake server at room temperature for up to 3 days or up to 1 week in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature and then microwave for about 8 seconds to "re-goo" the texture.