From the Cake Mix Dr. Something I'd love to try! The recipe's headnote states that these are "best eaten slightly warm, with the centers still gooey." I'll bet on that!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350*F. Grease 24 muffin pan molds or line with paper liners.
- 2Combine the cake mix, pudding mix, milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl; blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- 3Increase mixer speed to medium and blend another 2 minutes, scraping down bowl as needed.
- 4Scoop a heaping 1/4 cup batter into each cupcake well, filling at least 2/3 full. (you should get between 22 and 24 cupcakes; remove any empty paper liners).
- 5Cut the frozen cookie dough pieces in half to make 24 pieces (or enough for how many cupcakes you wind up with); place a dough chunk on top of each cupcake.
- 6Bake until cakes are golden and spring back when lightly touched, 23-37 minutes.
- 7Cool on wire racks for 5 minutes, then carefully remove cupcakes from pans and cool another 15 minutes before frosting (they may sink a bit in the center). Serve warm.
- 8Store cupcakes in a cake server at room temperature for up to 3 days or up to 1 week in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature and then microwave for about 8 seconds to "re-goo" the texture.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (1734 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.6
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 40.3 mg
- Sodium 278.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 3.4 g